Our experience, engineering and planning make the difference.
What is a Blast Resistant Modular Building?
CID Buildings is an engineered-to-order manufacturing company with the technology and experience to complete turnkey Blast-Resistant buildings and Blast Proof buildings. CID’s blast-resistant & blast proof modules are able to withstand the concussive forces of blasts from explosions, extreme heat, flame, and smoke created by fires as well as excessive noise levels. This allows complete equipment protection and ensures worker safety.
What Are The Regulations Covering Blast Resistant Buildings?
The CID/Proto-type liftable building has outstanding capabilities which include GSA high and low blast requirements, DOD Charge weight I and II, and with advanced design and increased ceramic panel thicknesses, Personal-Born Improvised Explosive Device (PBIED), and Vehicle Born Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) can be deterred.
As a leading blast proof buildings manufacturer, we have the ability to incorporate ceramic panel performance can be enhanced with aggregate strike face inclusions. The strike face improves capabilities and defends against NIJ 0108-01, UL 752, Stanag 4569, and EN 1063 various threat levels. Custom thicknesses to defend special threats are available upon request.
The CID/Proto-type liftable building is capable of withstanding Kinetic Energy Threats (KE) and the associated high speed fragmentation threats that are generated by Fragment Simulating Projectiles (FSP) and IED's CID's Proto-type liftable building structures can be fully assembled and operational with electronic equipment installed. CID's Mirawal® interior board finish is a two-fold intrinsically safe spall layer made to capture fragmentation from ballistic or blast occurrences. It also provides interior fire-rated capabilities to protect against any flammable emergency.
CID Buildings, leading blast resistant modular buildings manufacturer, applies specific engineering requirements to these blast resistant modular buildings. Throughout the building to ensure that these blast proof buildings will withstand specified blast criteria.
- Other penetrations
Types of Buildings
To learn more about our blast resistant modular buildings, contact our team of experts today.
States We Work In:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Canada Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mexico, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Blast Resistant Modular Design & Technical Specifications:
- PHASE #1: Basic Structure - Overall Outside Dimension
- PHASE #2: Load Bearing Roof Deck
- PHASE #3: Floor Framing, Finished Floor, Doors, Frames & Acoustics
- PHASE #4: Painting
- PHASE #5: Electrical Package
#1 BASIC STRUCTURE – SINGLE MODULE LABORATORY
- The enclosure to be constructed in unitized form and shall be fully welded, utilizing tubular steel products.
- Unit will have crane lifting lugs fully welded at reinforced vertical members.
- The door openings to have a vertical subframe of 4" tubular steel to prevent deflection, displacement, and twisting of the steel doors and frames.
- Wall system to be utilized within the 4" tubular steel panel superstructure to be CID wall panel.
- Exterior wall panels to be carbon steel plate with continuous weld seams and VOC compliant alkyd industrial enamel finish.
- The 4" wall system to incorporate mineral fiber acoustical insulating blanket.
- This insulation will serve as a thermal barrier, dust barrier, and sound deadener.
- The interior porcelain enamel finish steel hard wall panels are extremely rugged, nonchalking, corrosion resistant, and maintenance free.
- The unitized tubular steel framework is designed for and will accommodate recessed structural steel channels inside the lifting crown framework.
- A 10 gauge carbon steel load bearing roof shall be placed and fully seam welded (continuous) at panel junctures and at the structure periphery.
- The completed roof material system shall be fully load bearing to meet owner specification.
- The completed roof system is weather and water tight.
#3 FLOOR FRAMING, FINISHED FLOOR, DOORS, FRAMES, & ACOUSTICS
- Floor framing materials to consist of tubular steel perimeter base members and structural steel C-channels, located to support exterior undercover as well as the finished floor system.
- Steel C-channels are to be welded to the unit superstructure tubular steel base.
- Finished subfloor of the structure to be steel plate.
- Area between the interior and exterior floors to have mineral fiber insulating material, securely fastened to the understructure of the finished floor system.
- The fire resistant, mildew proof insulation is inert and will provide both sound and thermal protections.
- Exterior doors to be supplied with the enclosure at the entry locations.
- All surfaces receiving coating shall be properly prepared as per paint manufacturer's specifications prior to the application of the first prime coat.
- Paint color selection and accents to be as selected by the owner. Corporate colors and company logos may be provided at no additional charge.
- The CID state of the art liftable building shall be furnished with an integral electrical wiring system, including one 12 circuit, 125 amp rated distribution panel.
- The load center to accommodate duplex wall receptacles with GFI protection where required.
- Surface mount 2' x 4' fluorescent light fixtures will be provided.
- All wiring is to be installed as per NEC code and to be installed with recessed EMT metal conduit.
- Independent electrical inspection certificate may be provided if requested.
- Ceiling mounted dual head emergency light unit is included with lighted exit sign at the door(s).
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Walkways, stairs, platforms with support structures for elevated installation, and HVAC equipment.
To access a complete specification package please contact CID Buildings and ask to speak with someone in sales.
Ultimate Adaptability, Dependability, Flexibility and Expandability — Download